Sunday, February 21, 2010

Cricut Cardz Challenge; Challenge #13

Hello Everyone,

Today I decided that I was going to participate in the Cricut Cardz Challenge at http://www.cricutcardzchallenge.blogspot.com. The challenge request was to make a tall card (9" x 4") which fits into a legal size envelope. This challenge had no theme and no colour basis, so it was an anything and everything goes (practically).

To make my card I used the "Life is a Beach" Cricut cartridge to cut out the palm trees, sun and waves. Before I adhered the cut outs, I embossed my background cardstock with flourishes using Versa Color Cyan and clear ranger embossing powder. Using some of my stamps that I have at home; I stamped the monkey in the inner-tube and the saying "have a beach-n birthday!" using black Momento ink. Once my images were stamped and dry I used my copic sketch markers and coloured in the monkey and then I did the taring technique around my saying.

Then WAH-LA! There you have it. A wonderful birthday card for any age.

Thanks for reading and viewing.

xoxo

4 comments:

sophiesmama said...

Adorable! Thanks so much for playing CCC!
hugs,
Mary

Jeri said...

This is such a cute card. Who couldn't use the look of a tropical island at this time of year. Thanks for joining us at CCC.

Terry@ a quilting blog said...

This card is so cute...love the little monkey!!! Thanks for joining us this week at CCC!

Terry

Nancy Sanders said...

Love your card, so cute and clever. I am a big fan of the Stampendous Chagito and have a lot of changito cards on my blog. Thanks for sharin and joining the fun at CCC